London, 14 January 2021: GambleAware is pleased to announce that following its current competitive employment procedure, Zoë Osmond will certainly be replacing Marc Etches as the charity’s new President since end of March 2021.
Zoë Osmond brings a riches of expertise to the role, having been Communications and Interaction Supervisor at GambleAware for the previous 2 years. She additionally has a strong performance history of driving business development across the charity as well as service globe, having actually formerly held Chief Executive Officer, Handling Partner and also Global Company Director duties.
Given that 2018, Zoë Osmond has been leading the distribution of GambleAware’s multi-million pound Safer Gaming as well as therapy campaigns and has actually worked with stakeholders throughout public health, federal government, media, academia and also the industry to make sure project success. Via this work, as well as the distribution of an extensive review of the charity’s strategic positioning and also communications schedule in 2019, which aided to notify the instructions of GambleAware, Zoë Osmond has established a clear understanding of the chances and also challenges the charity as well as industry faces.
Before beginning with GambleAware, Zoë Osmond held the duty of President for the National Advertising Benevolent Culture (NABS), a nationwide charity that supports people working in the media as well as marketing sector. While collaborating with NABS, Zoë Osmond led the improvement of the charity, by establishing as well as appointing new support services, and also putting NABS on a protected monetary footing.Commenting on Zoë Osmond’s appointment to the function, Kate Lampard CBE, Chair of GambleAware, claimed:” In the past two and also a half years that I and trustees have worked with Zoë, she has shown to us that she fits the criteria we are seeking perfectly. Her understanding as well as experience of GambleAware implies she can hit the ground operating, something that is of certain significance when beginning a management function throughout a pandemic.
“Her background as a charity leader and experience of driving business improvement reveals that she recognizes what it takes to lead a significant organisation dealing with a complex stakeholder team that needs a certain, consultative as well as collective method. Her capability to work with a vast array of subject professionals and also her experience of changing a charity, building companies, as well as leading modification will certainly contribute in taking GambleAware to the following phase in its growth.”
Zoë Osmond also commented: “GambleAware goes to an amazing moment in its history, and over the past 10 years, Marc Etches has done an amazing task in leading the charity to this point. It is a critical time for the gaming industry and also the recent pledge of up to ₤ 100 million from the gaming sector means this is a considerable time to form and also drive onward GambleAware’s crucial job and create its very own knowledge. I am thrilled by the possibility of change as well as the chances currently available to GambleAware to deal with other organisations to prevent wagering harm and I anticipate handling the obstacle.”
- GambleAware is an independent charity (Charity No. England & & Wales 1093910, Scotland SC049433) that champs a public health and wellness strategy to preventing gambling harms– see http://about.gambleaware.org/
- GambleAware is a commissioner of integrated avoidance, education and learning and also treatment services on a nationwide scale, with over ₤ 40 countless give funding under energetic monitoring. In partnership with gambling therapy suppliers, GambleAware has invested a number of years systematically developing frameworks for commissioning a coherent system of brief treatment and treatment solutions, with clearly specified care paths as well as established reference routes to as well as from the NHS– a National Gaming Therapy Service.
- The National Betting Treatment Service unites a National Gaming Helpline and also a network of locally-based providers throughout Excellent Britain that deals with companion firms and also individuals with lived experience to design and also provide a system, which meets the requirements of people. This system supplies a range of therapy solutions, including quick treatment, therapy (delivered either face-to-face or on-line), property programs and psychiatrist-led treatment.
- In the year to 31 March 2019, the National Gambling Treatment Service dealt with 9,008 individuals and this is predicted to climb to 24,000 individuals a year by 2021. The Helpline received concerning 39,000 telephone calls and also on-line conversations per year. GambleAware also runs the website BeGambleAware.org which had 7.7 million page sights and also signposts individuals to a variety of support solutions.
- GambleAware produces public health campaigns including Wager Remorse. A More Secure Betting Board, including reps from Public Health England, the Department for Digital, Society, Media as well as Sporting Activity, and also GambleAware, is responsible for the design and distribution of a project based upon ideal practice in public health education. The Bet Remorse project is being funded via specific, additional donations to the charity, in accordance with a dedication offered to the federal government by the broadcasting, marketing and also gaming sectors. See: